Podcasting for Your Brand
The February RCC meeting took place at United Methodist Communications with special guest Jamie Dunham who co-hosts The Lipstick Economy Podcast.
During the meeting, Jamie went over the reasons that there are now 800,000 podcasts:
- 51% of adults have listened to a podcast
- 32% of adults have listened to one in the past month
- Mobile podcast listenership has grown 157% in past 4 years
- Less crowded content channel
- More engaged. More time spent than blog readers!!!!
- Listeners can multi-task while they listen
- Spotify, Apple and Pandora are vying for podcast audiences
- Alexa knows and loves podcasts
- Growth in time spent with podcasts and the majority of new podcast listeners – women
- One out of 5 listeners has attended a live podcast event
The Lipstick Economy Podcast that Jamie co-hosts is about marketing to women through the stories of leaders – leaders who are making a difference through their insight, strategy, diversity and creative thinking. The Lipstick Economy is composed of the 100 million women in the US who make 85% of all consumer purchases.
Jamie wrapped up the meeting by discussing what has worked for their podcast since its launch in the Fall 2019.
- It takes commitment and consistency
- Booking guests takes a lot of time
- The production is best left to professionals
- Leverage your guest’s audience as part of your marketing plan
- With re-sharing, episodes can continue to grow in listenership
- iTunes is where it’s happening now & reviews are important
- Social postings are important for our audience
- Guest on other podcasts
Rev. Brian Fesler, Senior Pastor and Director of Special Affairs, Church of Scientology and Celebrity Centre, Nashville, Tennessee, 615-687-4600
Teresa Faust, Senior Manager, Research & Metrics, United Methodist Communications, Nashville, Tennessee 615-742-5478